· Learn to form independent judgment.
· He alone is a child of Sri Ramakrishna who is moved to pity for all creatures and exerts himself for them even at the risk of incurring personal damnation.
· Give up the idea that by ruling over others you can do any good to them.
· If in this hell of a world one can bring a little joy and peace even for a day into the heart of a single person, that much alone is true, this I have learnt after suffering all my life; all else is mere moonshine.
· Always look within.
· Give up your passive attitude.
· Holiness is the highest and divinest power in earth and in heaven.
· This hideous world is Maya. Renounce and be happy. Give up the idea of sex and possession. There is no other bond.
· What is life but growth, i.e., expansion, i.e., love? Therefore all love is life, it is the only law of life, all selfishness is death, and this is true here or hereafter. It is life to do good, it is death not to do good to others.
· Try to be moral, try to be brave, try to be sympathisng.
· Throw away everything, even your own salvation, and go and help others.
· The motive is the measure of your work. What motive can be higher than that you are God, and that the lowest person is also God?
· Every mouth praising the Lord is my mouth, every eye seeing is my eye.
· Each action that helps a being manifest its divine nature more and more is good, every action that retards it is evil.
· You must hold fast and be steady in the search for truth.
· If one has the colour of the heart, he does not want any external colour.
· Say “Everything is in me, and I can manifest it at will.”
· Pure Existence-Knowledge-and –Love is the goal; and Love is God.
· Do not wait for anybody or anything.
· You have to realise truth and work it out for yourself according to your own nature.
· Why should we expect anything in return for what we do?
· May the Lord ever protect you from illusion and delusion!
· The test of progress is the amount of renunciation that one has attained.
· Think of your higher self, not of your lower.
· Our best work is done, our greatest influence is exerted when we are without thought of self. All great geniuses know this.
· Live in the midst of the battle of life.
· Reason out what is true from what is untrue.
· We must be the masters, and not the slaves of nature; neither body nor mind must be our master, nor must we forget that the body is mine, and not I the body’s.
· Where is salvation?
Salvation is in work and love.
· If a man reads but one word of love, he indeed becomes learned.
· The highest use of life is to hold it at the service of all beings.
· To advance oneself towards freedom--------------physical, mental, and spiritual----------------and help others to do so, is the supreme prize of man.In one word, this ideal is that you are divine.