· True progress is slow but sure.
· What we are, we see out side, for the world is our mirror.
· Every moment is a new chance.
· He alone is the really great man whose character is great always, the same wherever he be.
· Know that talking ill of others in private is a sin, you must wholly avoid it. Many things may occur to the mind, but it gradually makes a mountain of a mole-hill, if you try to express them. Everything ends, if you forgive and forget.
· Do not try to lead your brethren, but serve them. The brutal mania for leading has sunk many a great ship in the waters of life.
· Every man must know, and every man is mad for love.
· We must not look down with contempt on others. All of us are going towards the same goal. The difference between the weakness and strength is one of degree; the difference between virtue and vice is one of degree; the difference between heaven and hell is one of degree; the difference between life and death is one of degree; all difference in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
· Good and evil are our slaves, not we theirs.
· Whatever you do let that be your worship for the time-being.
· Hold yourself as a witness and go on working.
· Only know the truth and realise it.
· Control your senses.
· Freedom is the one goal of all nature, sentient or insentient; and consciously or unconsciously, everything is struggling towards that goal.
· Always be a witness. Learn never to react.
· Every man must know, and every man is mad for love.
· Inactivity should be avoided by all means. Activity always means resistance. Resist all evils, mental and physical; and when you have succeeded in resisting, then will calmness come.
· Love all things only through and for the Self.
· Be one with the universe, be one with Him.
· “Not I, but thou”----------say it, feel it, live it.
· See God in everything and everywhere.
· The seeing of many is the greatest sin of all the world. See all as self and love all; let all idea of separateness go.
· The god in you is the god in all. If you have not known this, you have known nothing. How can there be difference? It is all one. Every being is the temple of the most high; if you can see that, good, if not, spirituality has yet to come to you.
· If we enjoy everything in the self, and as the self, no misery or reaction will come.
· Seeing difference is the cause of all misery, and ignorance is the cause of seeing difference.
· Happiness belongs to him who knows this oneness, who knows he is one with this universe.
· Come out into the universe of light. Everything in the universe is yours, stretch out your arms and embrace it with love.
· Love is simply an expression of this infinite unity.
· Love binds, love makes for that oneness.
· You are one with the universe.
· We must have faith in ourselves; we must become world-movers, for everything is in us.
· Have faith that you are all born to do great things!
· Truth always triumphs.
· Think of all you want to speak but do not speak all you think.
· There is no limit to man’s power, the power of words and the power of mind.
· The infinite future is before you…………..
· Help, if you can; but do not destroy.
· The spirit will triumph in the long run.
· Whatever others think or do, lower not your standard of purity, morality and love.
· What we think we become.
· We are everything, ready to do everything, we can do everything, and man must do everything.
· Tolerance only--------------we preach and perform.
· Be intensely sincere.
· He who wants, gets.
· Seek for the highest, aim at that highest and you shall reach the highest.
· Every great achievement is done slowly.
· Stick to truth and we shall succeed, may be slowly, but surely.
· The calmer we are the less disturbed our nerves, the more shall we love and the better will our work be.
· This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive. Great things can be done by great sacrifice only.
· Whatever you believe, that you will be.
· We are bound by the senses; they play upon us, make fools of us all the time.
· Bring about the golden days when every man will be a worshiper, and the reality in every man will be the object of worship.
· Life is short: Give it up to a Great cause. Arise! awake! and stop not till the goal is reached.
· This world is in need of those whose life is one burning love, selfless. That love will make every word tell like thunderbolt.
· Even the least thing well done brings marvelous results.
· He who gives up the little self for the world will find the whole universe his.
· Good and evil are our slaves, not we theirs. Children finding glass beads in a mud puddle, that is the good of the world. Look at it with calm complacency; see good and evil as the same, both are merely ‘God’s play’; enjoy all.
· There is one thing which is the world and another which is God; and this distinction is very true.
· Be eternally faithful to the cause of truth, humanity, and people at hand.
· First form character, first earn spirituality and results will come of themselves.
· Throw the ideas broadcast, and let the result take care of itself.
· The whole world is full of the Lord. Open your eyes and see Him.
· Turn thy gaze inward, where resides the Paramatman.
· Spirituality is the true basis of all our activities in life.
· Give up and know that success will follow, even if you never see it.
· Death for the cause is our goal, not success.
· Always try to get absorbed in the eternal present Atman.
· Consciously or unconsciously, we are all striving for perfection.
· Heart speaks unto heart better than any language of the mouth.
· Be a hero. Always say, “I have no fear”.
· Enjoyment lies not in physical development, but in the culture of the mind and the intellect.
· Analyse everything that comes in the mind by the sheer action of the will.
· Purest soul dispels ignorance, fear and weakness.
· Fearlessness is the teat of truth. Unselfishness is the test of religion.
· Be a man-------------This is the new gospel. What the world needs most is men of character, men of indomitable will-power.
· Look upon every man, woman and everyone as God. You cannot help anyone, you can only serve. Service is worship.
· There is no difference between the secular and the spiritual. EACH ONE IS MOVING TOWARDS FREEDOM. Each action is a step towards the absolute.
· Each soul is potentially divine. Infinite power and infinite possibilities are within each individual. The goal is to manifest this divinity within by controlling nature, external and internal.
· Know it for certain that everything will be spoiled if delayed.
· Who cares for name? Off with it! If in the attempt to carry morsels of food to starving mouths, name and possession and all be doomed even------------------thrice blessed art thou!
· It is the culture of the heart, really, and not that of the intellect that will lessen the misery of the world.
· Consciously or unconsciously, every man is trying to unfold that divinity.
· Our duty is to encourage everyone in his struggle to live upto his own highest ideal, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the truth.
· Go on! Do not look back if you think you have done something that is not right. Now, do you believe you could be what you are today if you had not made those mistakes before?.............
· Misery comes because we think we are finite-------------we are little beings.
· Love never fails, today or tomorrow or ages after, truth will conquer! Love shall win the victory.
· Bless men, when they revile you. Think how much good they are doing you; they can only hurt themselves. Go where people hate you, let them thrash the ego out of you and you will get nearer to the Lord. Like the mother-monkey, we hug our ‘baby’, the world, as long as we can, but at last when we are driven to put it under our feet and step on it then we are ready to come to God. Blessed it is to be persecuted for the sake of righteousness.
· The perfect life would be a wonderful harmony between doing and suffering.
· Do not be anxious, do not be in a hurry. Slow, persistent and silent work does everything.
· Seek no praise, no reward, for anything you do.
· Go on saying, “I am free”.
· Men are more valuable then all the wealth of this world.
· Be selfless.
· Bow down to nothing but to your own higher self.
· Be brave, be brave! Man dies but once.
· Only know the truth and realise it.
· Do not give up anything! Things will give you up.
· Each human being stands for the divine.
· None is great and none is small.
· Off with laziness.
· Be bold and fear not.
· Do not fight with people; do not antagonize anyone.
· “Give up”, says the Veda, “Give up”.
· Renounce everything.
· Renounce and give up.
· Be pure and be good; be pure and love everyone.
· Believe nothing until you find it out for yourself.
· Give up desire.
· Do not drag others down to where you are.
· “Be practical”.
· Do things for others; expand!
· Be beyond the common worldly motives.
· Do not disturb your mind by vain arguments.
· Be beyond both freedom and bondage.
· Believe in nothing until you know it
· Do not despair!
· Believe first in yourself, then in God.
· Identify yourself only with God.
· Don’t despond in the least.
· Do not care what be your lot.
· Reason out what is true from what is untrue.
· Realise yourself. That is all there is to do.
· Hope and do not despair.
· Purify yourself, and the world is bound to be purified.
· Never tell yourselves or others that you are weak.
· Do not talk religion.
· None will be able to resist sincerity. None will be able to resist love.
· As far back as the days of the Upanishads, we have thrown the challenge to the world: ‘Not by progeny, not by wealth, but by renunciation alone immortality is reached’. Race after race has taken the challenge up and tried their utmost to solve the world-riddle on the plane of desire. They have all failed in the past-------------the old ones have become extinct under the weight of wickedness and misery, which lust for power and gold brings in its train, and the new ones are tottering to their fall. The question has yet to be decided whether peace will survive or war; whether patience will survive or non-forbearance; whether goodness will survive or wickedness, whether muscle will survive or brain; whether worldliness will survive or spirituality. We have solved our problem ages ago……………Our solution is unworldliness-------------renunciation.
· From all of you I want this that you must discard for ever self-aggrandisement, faction-mongering, and jealousy. You must be all-forbearing like Mother Earth. If you can achieve this, the world will be at your feet.
· Take one thing up and do it, and see the end of it, and before you have seen the end, do not give it up.
· It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.
· Great enterprise, boundless courage, tremendous energy, and above all, perfect obedience-----------these are the only traits that lead to individual and national regeneration.
· Have faith that you are all, my brave lads, born to do great things! Let not the barks of puppies frighten you------------------no, not even the thunder bolts of heaven-------------------but stand up and work!
· Faith, faith, faith in ourselves, faith in God----------------this is the secret of greatness.
· Let us perfect the means; the end will take care of itself. For the world can be good and pure, only if our lives are good and pure. Therefore, let us purify ourselves. Let us make ourselves perfect.
· What the world wants is character.
· Every duty is holy, and devotion to duty is the highest form of the worship of God; it is certainly a source of great help in enlightening and emancipating the deluded and ignorance-------------encumbered souls of the Buddhas-----------------the bound ones.
· The brave alone do great things, not the cowards.
· All healthy social changes are the manifestations of the spiritual forces working within, and if these are strong and well adjusted, society will arrange itself accordingly. Each individual has to work out his own salvation; there is no other way, and so also with nations…………………It is very easy to point out the defects of institutions, all being more or less important, but he is the real benefactor of humanity who helps the individual to overcome his imperfections under whatever institutions he may live. The individuals being raised, the nations and its institutions are bound to rise.
· Work, work-------------------conquer all by your love!
· Bold words and bolder deeds are what we want. Awake, awake, great ones! The world is burning with misery. Can you sleep? Let us call and call till the sleeping gods awake, till the god within answers the call. What more is in life? What greater work? The details come to me as I go. I never make plans. Plans grow and work themselves. I only say, awake, awake!
· Yet have the power to give: give, and there it ends. Learn that the whole life is giving, that nature will force you to give. So, give willingly.
· Darkness is less light; evil is less good; impurity is less purity.
· Go and preach to all: ‘arise, awake, sleep no more; within each of you, there is the power to remove all wants and all miseries. Believe this, and that power will be manifested’. ………………….If you can think that infinite power, infinite knowledge, and indomitable knowledge lie within you, and if you can bring out that power, you also can become like me.
· Every good thought that we send to the world, without thinking of any return, will be stored up there and break one link in the chain, and make us purer and purer, until we becomes the purest of all mortals.
· Whatever is weak and corrupt is liable to die-----------------what are we to do with it?
· Hold on to the ideal. March on! Do not look back upon little mistakes and things. In this battle-field of ours, the dust of mistakes must be raised. Those who are so thin-skinned that they cannot bear the dust, let them get out of the ranks.
· Stand up and say, I am the Master, the Master of all. We forge the chain, and we alone can break it.
· Desire nothing; think of God and look for no return. It is the desire less who bring results.
· Be pure, staunch, and sincere to the very backbone, and everything will be all right.
· Negative thought weakens. Do you not find that where parents are constantly taxing their sons to read and write, telling them they will never learn anything, and calling them fools and so forth, the latter do actually turn out to be so in many cases?
If you speak kind words to boys and encourage them, they are bound to improve in time. What holds good of children, also holds good of children in the region of higher thoughts.
If you can give them positive ideas, people will grow up to be men and learn to stand on their own legs. In language and literature, in poetry and arts--------------in everything we must point out not the mistakes that people are making in their thoughts and actions, but the way in which they will gradually be able to do these things better. Pointing out mistakes wounds a man’s feelings.
· Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you.
· Search for enjoyment is vain.
· So long as you have faith and honesty and devotion, everything will prosper.
· Ay, let every man and woman and child, without respect of caste or birth, weakness or strength, hear and learn that behind the strong and the weak, behind the high and the low, behind everyone, there is that infinite soul, assuring the infinite possibility and the infinite capacity of all to become great and good.
· Arise, therefore, come forward, display the play of your superior power within, manifest it, and we are standing with offerings of deepest veneration in hand ready to worship you.
· Believe in man first. Why start with the belief that man is degraded and degenerated?
· You never were in bondage, you never were virtuous or sinful.
· The goal of all nature is freedom, and freedom is to be attained only by perfect unselfishness; every thought, word, or deed that is unselfish takes us towards the goal, and, as such, is called moral.
· Every religion is an expression, a language to express the same truth, and we must speak to each in his own language.
· Ask nothing; want nothing in return. Give what you have to give; it will come back to you----------------but do not think of that now. It will come back multiplied----------------a thousand fold. But the attention must not be on that. You have the power to give and there it ends.
· Attma (is) the aim of all.
· Proclaim the glory of the Atman with the roar of a lion…………….
· The soul is by its nature pure and perfect, infinite in power and blessed.
· Do not be jealous of anyone. Look not to the faults of others.
· Take your stand on good purpose, right means, righteous courage, and be brave.
· Do not for a moment quail. Everything will come all right. It is will that moves the world.
· Be bold and fearless and the road will be clear.
· So long as you are pure, and true to your principles, you will never fail, and blessings will be yours.
· We are slaves to our own and to everybody else’s mind.
· Perfect sincerity, holiness, gigantic intellect, and an all conquering will.
· The more heart you will be able to manifest, the greater will be the victory you achieve.
· Live in harmony with all. Give up all idea of egoism, and entertain no sectarian views. Useless wrangling is a great sin.
· Throw overboard all idea of jealousy and egotism, once for all.
· No cowardice, no sin, no crime, no weakness--------------the rest will come of itself.
· Be moral. Be brave. Be a heartwhole man. Strictly moral, brave unto desperation.
· Arise, ye mighty one, and be strong! Work on and on, struggle on and on!
· Know it for certain that without steady devotion for the Guru, and unflinching patience and perseverance, nothing is to be achieved.
· Man must love others because those others are himself.
· Let there be action without reaction.
· Please be careful not to become impure even in thought, as also in speech and action; always try to do good to others as far as in you lies.
· Feel that you are great and you become great.
· Each must verify for himself.
· Build your hope on none.
· We must go to the reality.
· We get only what we deserve.
· We reap what we sow.
· Everything works for the best.
· Every human being has the power to seek for religion.
· ……………no sincere worker passes put the field of activity without making himself known and catching at least a few rays of light…………….None will be able to resist truth and love and sincerity. Are you sincere? Unselfish even unto death? And loving? Then fear not, not even death………………Everything will come all right. Truth must triumph………..
· You have to teach yourself.
· ……………..Dare to believe in the truth, dare to practise the truth!
· Goodness is our nature, perfection is our nature, not imperfection, not impurity.
· Whatever we do good or evil, the propeller is love.
· That which is true must be infinite and eternal.
· Truth always triumphs, and this is true.
· In the highest love, union is only of the spirit.
· Our whole life is continuous suffering.
· Whatever you think, that you will be.
· Great convictions are the mother of great deeds.
· There is neither sin nor virtue; there is only ignorance.
· To whom can you do good, when you see only god? You cannot do good to god.
· Know that service to these (poor, illiterate, ignorant, and afflicted) alone is the highest religion.
· If there is any sin in the world, it is weakness.
· When you know yourself you know all.
· With the sense of possession comes selfishness, and selfishness brings on misery.
· Stand up and express the divinity within you.
· Do not despair, and do not drag the ideal down.
· In unhappiness, sorrow, death, and desolation, the mother’s child shall always remain fearless.
· It is criticising each other that is at the root of all mischief. That is the chief factor in breaking down organizations.
· Let us then be brave and sincere: whatever path we follow with devotion, must take us to freedom.
· Why should we expect anything in return for what we do?
· Throw away everything, and go and help others.
· The only way is love and sympathy.
· It is the “desireless” who bring great results to pass.
· Only be sincere; and if you are sincere, you are sure to be brought to the goal.
· Absolute control nature, and nothing sort of it, must be the goal.
· Love is always the highest ideal.
· What power is higher than the power of purity?
· Never lose faith in yourself, you can do anything in this universe. Never weaken, all power is yours.
· It is very difficult to superimpose divinity on man, but one is sure to succeed by repeated efforts. God is in every man, whether man knows it or not; your loving devotion is bound to call up the divinity in him.
· I want each one of my children to be a hundred times greater than I could ever be. Everyone of you must be great------------------must, that is my word.
· The real help is feeling, love.
· Be the witness and do not react, only thus can you be happy.
· A leader must be impersonal.
· Wait for the time to come. Do not hurry.
· Nature grinds all of us.
· Always cultivate the heart.
· Give up all ‘me and mine’.
· The goal of mankind is knowledge.
· The object of life is to learn.
· It’s all play.
· Do not look to others for help.
· Pleasure is not the goal of man, but knowledge.
· Every reaction in the form of hatred or evil is so much loss to the mind; and every evil thought or deed of hatred or any thought of reaction, if it is controlled, will be laid in our favour.
· Do not let these weakness and failures bind you.
· Only let me be perfectly pure, perfectly sincere, and perfectly unselfish.
· Never say, ‘no’, never say, ‘I cannot’, for you are infinite. Even time and space are as nothing compared with your nature. You can do anything and everything, you are almighty.
· Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life.
· Be free, hope for nothing from anyone.
· You are everywhere in the universe.
· Condemn none; if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so.
· Good results can be produced only through love, through sympathy.
· Each one will have to save himself, each one to do his own work.
· Fill your heart with overflowing compassion and love.
· ……………..every being is only your self multiplied.
· God is in everything, where else shall we go to find him?
· Take care of these two things---------------love of power and jealousy.
· Each one of us will have to discover.
· Acceptance, love, toleration for everything sincere and honest------------------but never for hypocrisy.