· Whenever darkness comes, assert the reality and everything adverse must vanish.
· Help another because you are in him and he is in you.
· Everything in the universe is struggling to complete a circle, to return to its source, to return to its only real source, Atman.
The search for happiness is a struggle to find the balance, to restore the equilibrium.
Morality is the struggle of the bound will to get free and is the proof that we have come from perfection.
· Our solution is renunciation, and love, these are the fittest to survive.
· ……………behind everyone, there is that infinite soul…………..
· Resist not evil. Face it! You are higher than evil.
· The will is stronger than anything else……………..And whatever you do sincerely is good for you. Even the least thing well done brings marvelous results; …………….It depends upon you who have no money; because you are poor, therefore you will work. Because you have nothing, therefore you will be sincere. Because you are sincere, you will be ready to renounce all.
· What one has done one must suffer.
· Let things come as they may.
· Be positive; do not criticise others. Give your message, teach what you have to teach, and there stop.
· Never fear what will happen of you, depend on no one.
· Know that you are always free.
· Life is a series of fights and disillusionments.
· Keep yourself holy and pure.
· Love is life and hatred is death.
· No one is greater; realise you are Brahman.
· We are bound to bear and forbear.
· EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION ALONE.
· There is no happiness higher than what a man obtains by this attitude of non-offensiveness, to all creation.
· Hate not the most abject sinner, look not to his exterior.
· Go on loving. If a man is angry, there is no reason why you should be angry; if he degrades himself, that is no reason why you should degrade yourself.
· The greatest goodness is the highest freedom.
· A pure heart sees beyond the intellect.
· There is but one basis of well-being, social, political or spiritual----------to know that I and my brother are one. This is true for all countries and all people.
· Duty is sweet only through love, and love shines in freedom alone.
· Make your life a manifestation of will strengthened by renunciation.
· The first step is not to disturb the mind.
· Hold fast to the real self, think only pure thoughts, and you will accomplish more than a regiment of mere preachers. Out of purity and silence comes the word of power.
· Whenever you learn (gain anything) from another man’s words, know that you had the experience in a previous existence, because experience is the only teacher.
· Self-abnegation is the centre of all morality.
· There is no power on earth which can be kept long confined within a narrow limit.
· The highest moments we ever know are when we entirely forget ourselves.
· Make yourselves decent men!...................Be chaste and pure!.................There is no other way.
· The goal of each soul is freedom, mastery-freedom from the slavery of matter and thought, mastery of external and internal nature.
· Let us struggle for higher and better things.
· What we are now is the result of our past practice.
· What is now wanted is a combination of the greatest heart with the highest intellectuality, of infinite love with the infinite knowledge.
· The highest use of life is to hold it at the service of all beings.
· Bring out through your own exertions what you have, but do not imitate, yet take what is good from others.
· Every thought that we think, every deed that we do, after a certain time becomes fine, goes into seed form, so to speak, and lives in the fine body in a potential form, and after a time, it emerges again and bears its results. These results condition the life of a man. Thus he moulds his own life. Man is not bound by any other laws excepting those which he makes for himself.
· Break your chain and be free for ever. What frightens you, what holds you down? Only ignorance and delusion; nothing else can bind you.
· Within every man, there is an idea; the external man, is only the outward manifestation, the mere language of this idea within.
· One must be a servant of servants and must accommodate a thousand minds. There must not be a shade of jealousy or selfishness, then you are a leader.
· Do not injure any being, not injuring any being is virtue, injuring any being is sin.
· Do not go for glass beads leaving the mine of diamonds! This life is a great chance.
· The Lord has hidden Himself best and His work is best; so he who hides himself best, accomplishes most.
· Numbers do not count, nor does wealth or poverty; a handful of men can throw the world off its hinges, provided they are united in thought, word, and deed-----------never forget this conviction. The more opposition there is, the better. Does a river acquire velocity unless there is resistance? The newer and better a thing is the more opposition it will meet with the onset. It is opposition which foretells success.
· The fragrance of good and great deed spreads as surely as the fragrance of a tree in bloom.
· Be not disheartened. When good nectar is unattainable, it is no reason why we should eat poison.
· Deepen your own power of thought and love.
· The purer the body and mind, the quicker the desired result will be obtained.
· Whoever thinks that I am little makes a mistake, for the Self is all that exists.
· Each man is perfect by his nature; prophets have manifested the perfection, but it is potential in us.
· Truth, purity and unselfishness---------------wherever these are present, there is no power, below or above the sun to crush the possessor thereof. Equipped with these, one individual is able to face the whole universe in opposition.
· Through truth everything is attained.
· If we really want to be blessed, and make others blessed, we must go deeper.
· The secret of life is not enjoyment, but education through experience.
· Every man exists, and every man must know, and every man is mad for love.
· Manifest the divinity within you, and everything will be harmoniously arranged around it.
· Spirit speaks unto spirit in silence, and yet in most unmistakable language.
· To control our passions we have to control them at their very roots; then alone shall we be able to burn out their very seeds.
· All that man has to do is to take care of three things: good thought, good word, and good deed.
· The man who is pure and who dares, does all things.
· Say, day and night, “Come up, my brothers; you are the infinite ocean of purity! Be God! Manifest as God!”
· Never mind the struggles, the mistakes. Never mind these failures, these little backslidings; hold the ideal a thousand times; and if you fail a thousand times make the attempt once more.
· Work hard. Be holy and pure and the fire will come.
· Be chaste in thought, word and action.
· Be a Rishi-----------that is the secret of power.
· Our best work and our greatest influence is when we are without a thought of self.
· We need a heart to feel, a brain to conceive, and a strong arm to do the work.
· The Secret of Everything
Feeling is the soul, the secret of everything.
· Work on! Hold on! Be brave! Dare anything and everything.
· Enjoyment, misery, luxury, wealth, power, and poverty, even life itself, are all evanescent.
· Whatever is truth will remain for ever; whatever not, none can preserve.
· The struggle itself is the grandest and most glorious that man can make.
· Purity, patience, and perseverance overcome all obstacles.
· Power will come, glory will come, goodness will come, purity will come, and everything that is excellent will come when this sleeping soul is roused to self-conscious activity.
· Be pure first, and you will have power.
· The more I live, the more I become convinced everyday that every human being is divine.
· Neither numbers nor powers nor wealth nor learning nor eloquence nor anything else will prevail, but purity, living the life, in one word, ANUBHUTI, Realisation.
· Every moment of this life must be realisation.
· Light is everywhere visible only in the men of holiness.
· One idea that I see clear as daylight is that misery is caused by ignorance and nothing else.
· Not a work will be lost, no struggle vain, though hopes be blighted, powers gone.
· Persons are but the embodiments, the illustrations of the principles.
· Cultivate always “faith in yourself”.
· Continue to exercise your will and it will take you to higher still.
· Experience is the one teacher, the one eye-opener.
· We only get what we deserve.
· Patience and steady work----------this is the only work.
· The ghosts of past thoughts, past lives hold us down.
· Realise in your own life this knowledge of Brahman which comprehends all theories and is the rationale of all truths, and preach it to the world.
· The greater a man has become, the fierier ordeal he has had to pass through.
· Ignorance is the cause of all this bondage.
· It is the patient up building of character, the intense struggle to realise the truth, which alone will tell in the future of humanity.
· What is anywhere must be everywhere.
· Man has his happiness in his intellect.
· Happiness is only found in the spirit.